Features include: NSFe support; a PPU tile viewer; customized speed control; access to memory, registers and counters; high-definition audio; a pseudo-interlaced (480i) mode, and near-100% accurate 2A03/7 emulation.
Recent changes include:
- Many bug fixes and compatibility improvements.
- Added VS left and right coin insert, watchdog timer.
- Added PAL palette.
- Added custom overscan limits, replacing "Clip Sides".
- Added mappers 174 and 211.
- Added video NTSC filter/stretch, adjustable settings.
- Added option to disable direct DA input (4011h writes).
- NSF playback auto-advance, including loop-1/all and silence detection.
- Implemented more complete YM2149F sound for Sun5B - noise & envelope.
- note that it is slower than before, even with optimizations.
- Added "No Rect Duty Reset" option for smooth results with manual-sweeping music.
- Support for non-standard iNES 1B signature.
- Moved CityFighter PCM to VRCVI - softer but clearer.
- VRCVI overlow at volume point 42.
- Non-clone CPU RAM filled mostly with FFh on hard reset.
- Fixed a number of VS-related bugs.
- Input menus; also replaced GamePad graphic with photo-based image.
- Added Subor Keyboard.
- Updated mapper 116 (SL12) to run "Kart Fighter (Unl)".
- Added UNL-CITYFIGHTER board, 166/167/39 Subor and 31 NSFROM mappers. MMC3 revision B by default,
- TEROM/TFROM hardwired mirroring. Fixed-banking for SHROM; added SH1ROM PCB variant.
- Added 1.5 SHROM, 4.1 MMC6 and 34.2 BNROM submapper codes.
- Imported kevtris' VS palettes. Fixed sweep enable and silencing during sweep reload.
- DMC DMA read only on last cycle.
- Added PPU memory, OAM RAM, APU registers, and PRG banking to Memory View.
- Added iNES mappers 178 and "Holy Diver" 78.3.
- Added Dendy autodetect (merely "(R)" for Russian).
- Non-taken branches always read operand. Regions now specific models; added RGB model (e.g., Titler; missing #13 grays).
- 2A0x rev. A emulation performs LXA; others, ATX.
- Added 401x port/DMC DMA collision; dma_4016_read test passes (FourScore off).
- Corrected 4014. DMA emulation not 100% correct, but sprdma_and_dmc_dma passes.
- Fixed DMC channel DMA timing and 4017 IRQ bugs.
- Correct rectangle duty types, replacing threshold with a customizable table.
- Fixed rectangle sweep and frequency reload.
- User-optional open bus input port mask.
- Last field now first field (as it should have been).
- Added 2007 busy reads.
- NES soft reset and proper boot sequence. Knight Rider and Ironsword run again.
- Improved even/odd and NMI timing (3+1.5 CPU cycles).
- Added PPU A12 hook (e.g., manual MMC counting).
- Revised menus; more items in case function keys aren't available...
- 4014 odd cycle rounding and implied reads (more complete 2A0x).
- Added Dendy region.
- Added per-pixel composite index disabling.
- Fixed IRQ/BRK/NMI concurrency. More tests pass.
- Precision timings precalculated on CPU subcycle level, instead of PPU cycles.
- More cases for faster 2x window drawing; revised blitter.
- Fixed input & input drawing; automatic Zapper for Duck Hunt works.
- Correct PAL emphasis (BRG).
- Fixed palette power-up table, read and render-off input masks.
- Fixed VS palette selection and dip switch display.
- Sunsoft FME-7 IRQs acknowledged only clearing bit 0 of 13.
- Doesn't work with all carts.
- Added missing CHR bank line for AxROM/mapper 7 boards; fixes Battletoads, others.
- Added mapper 28 (INL-ROM) and TxROM/SxROM variants. More board recognition.
- Added NMI-ISR window for BRK/IRQs, plus NMI instruction delay.
- Corrected CPU power & reset states.
- Branch during pagecross triggers pending IRQ; passes "5-branch_delays_irq".
- Corrected ARR op, SHX, SHY, ANE and BRK operations on a Visual6502 level.
- Adjusted initial triangle position for better channel mixing.
- Fixed a major path bug that caused the wrong file to be opened.
- New best-quality sound: pulse and noise channels always clock even if silent.
- square_timer_div2 renders correctly now, no hacks.
- Fixed the triangle length bug.
- Disabled minimum boot time for 2000h writes that broke nes-saw, others.
- Fixed field ordering after NMI/VBL fix; added last-field user setting.
- Adjusted no-render pixel offsets.
- Added "latch" decay (for ppu_open_bus.nes).
- N106 rate ratio numerator set to exact value at best rate.
- No more default WAVE name; ROM file base name by default (if loaded).
- Fixed PPU and APU frame issues - all Shay Green VBL/NMI and APU tests pass.
- Added sound latency - no more break-up in Mac emulators or fast NSFs.
- Added initial frame limit to NSFs for ROMs like "battletoads & double dragon".
- NSF frame size (rate) in file now used.
- Added inverse table remapping so all emphasis is handled (per line, however).
- Added interlacing to 2x scaling.
- Playfield/screen-off now writes single pixels instead of 8s.
- Fixed the standard 64-color palette and NTSC HSB constants.
- Replaced the APU frame divider singular "half counter" with a table.
- Added Memory View window.
- Fixed sound-off speed issues by internally rendering silent samples at 4998 Hz.
- MMC5 PCM now disabled at init. (ROM must clear $5010 bit #6 and #0.)
- Fixed a mapper sound bug and some shell bugs/issues.
- Added ability to adjust the DC filter (or turn it off).
- High definition non-aliasing sound with 17:4 fixed-point sample rates.
System 7.0 or later (7.5.5+ recommended)
A 68020 or better - over 200 MHz for real time performance.
(Some carts and NSFs are more demanding.)
3 MB of RAM (Largest Unused Block), preset to 6 MB/3 MB
(Video filter alone needs 1.2MB.)