bZSNES is a portable ZSNES emulator for Windows, OS X and Linux; written in C++. It is licensed under the GNU GPLv2.
bZSNES emulates almost all of the major features of ZSNES:
- VRAM can be written at any time, even while screen is rendering
- OAM and CGRAM can also be written at any time
- DSP echo buffer writes do not interfere with APURAM
- DRAM does not need to be periodically refreshed
- H/DMA synchronization does not steal CPU time
- auto joypad polling results can be read immediately
- CPU multiplication and division register results can be read immediately
- mid-scanline writes to PPU registers do not interfere with video output
- PPU background and sprite layers can be individually toggled on and off
- DSP voice channels can be individually toggled on and off
- CPU speed can be adjusted from its official frequency
- ... and more!
bZSNES is sure to be highly compatible with software made for ZSNES, such as:
- BS Zelda [English translation]
- Bahamut Lagoon [English translation]
- Sailor Moon: Another Story [English translation]
- Super Mario World [Addmusic hacks]
- ... and much more!