- Emulates the Atari 400/800, 1200XL, 600/800XL, 130XE, XEGS, and 5200 systems.
- Full, cycle-exact emulation of all documented hardware features.
- Best-in-class emulation accuracy of undocumented hardware behavior, including undocumented 6502 instructions, precise DMA timing, mid-screen register changes, hardware bugs, and cycle-precise timer IRQs.
- Support for most popular 8-bit image file formats: ATR, ATX, ATZ, DCM, XFD, PRO, ARC, BAS, ROM, BIN, A52, CAS, SAP.
- Contains reimplemented versions of OS, BASIC, and handler ROMs to run 8-bit software with high compatibility without needing Atari ROMs.
- Emulation of over three decades of hardware expansions, including memory expansions, cartridge expansions, Parallel Bus Interface (PBI) devices, modems, and 65C02/65C816 accelerators.
- Accurate emulation of multiple disk drive types with options for accelerated disk loads, realistic disk timing, and drive sounds.
- Flexible display with Direct3D/OpenGL acceleration, aspect ratio options, easy resizing, and artifacting support.
- Audio and video recording, cheat trainer, DOS disk explorer with drag-and-drop, and text mode copy/paste.
- Powerful debugger with label decoding, source-level stepping, conditional breakpoints/tracepoints, watchpoints, execution history with loop/call/interrupt folding, and profiling.
- Native Windows UI with theme support, per-monitor high DPI support, file associations, and DirectInput/XInput controllers.
- Both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) versions available.
Thanks for everyone's continuing support, whether it be bug reports, feature requests, discussion, trying out the helper programs on real hardware, etc. 3.90 final is essentially the same as 3.90-test34, except for release changes.
Although previous versions tended to be about six months apart, it's almost been a year since 3.20, so I figured I'd better hurry up. Highlights of the 3.90 release:
- Accuracy: 800 System Reset timing fixed, undocumented RMW and WSYNC timing fixes, several fixes to 65C816 direct page wrapping and Veronica, many fixes to FDC/RIOT/6809 for full disk drive emulation, improved POKEY two-tone mode emulation, more accurate power-up hardware state.
- Debugger: Improved disassembly window with automatic block separation and inline call target preview, more disassembly options, better loop detection in the history window, Alt+Shift+click to jump to history for a pixel.
- Disk drives: 810 Turbo, Amdek, and Percom AT-88 full emulation; easier file import/export in the Disk Explorer.
- Display: Improved PAL artifacting and color defaults, gamma-corrected frame blending, color setting import/export, PERITEL and monochrome monitor emulation, fixes to color correction logic (esp. with VBXE).
- Firmware: Updated AltirraOS 3.26 for improved compatibility with hardware addons and software, improved autodetection for custom OS ROMs.
- Tape: Faster emulation especially in warp mode, audio filter compensation for better turbo decoding, and enhanced debugging for tape issues.
- Video recording: Aspect ratio correction, scaling, and direct H.264/WMV compression support through Media Foundation.
- UI: Dark theme, improved audio monitor/scope, improved timing for slightly reduced latency.