Play! is a PlayStation 2 console emulator still in preliminary stages. This won't run your favorite PlayStation 2 game perfectly at optimal speed: this only works with a few demos and games created by people involved in the non-professional PS2 coding scene.
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
- CPU: x86 CPU running @ 2.0GHz and + is recommended. Doesn't take advantage of multi-core CPUs yet.
- RAM: 256MBs of RAM is recommended.
- Video Card: Any DirectX9 class GPU should be enough.
- Near complete emulation of the base MIPSIV core.
- Good COP0 (System Control Unit) / COP1 (Floating Point Unit) emulation.
- Fair emulation of the MMI instruction subset.
- CPU emulation done using an instruction caching/recompilation scheme.
- ELF binaries loading support.
- BIOS emulation done in high-level
- Basic GIF transfers implemented.
- Basic GS registers emulation.
- Basic GS rendering supported (using OpenGL).
- Micromode support for the VU0/VU1.
- Macromode support for the VU0.
- Basic VIF transfers implemented.
- VU flags emulation not very well supported.
- MPEG-1/2 macroblock decoding supported.
- All commands emulated.
- Still very buggy, so it won't playback movies really well.
- High-level emulation of the IO processor done by intercepting SIF commands and routing them to native modules.
- Common IOP modules emulated in high-level.
- Can load and execute game specific IOP modules.